1. Set a goal and make a plan. Envision the end product. Decide first on what you want, how you're going to do it and when you would like to start and finish it.
2. Set a budget. Avoid disappointment and stick to a budget. It will set boundaries and help keep your project on track. The end result will be much more rewarding. Keep in mind, there are almost always additional costs that come up unexpectedly, so set aside a contingency fund.
3. Be bold and Brave. Minimalist, traditional, rustic, funky- with so many themes to chose from, maybe its time to try something new. You'll never know unless you try.
4. Follow your gut. If you aren't sure of something, skip it or go back to your first choice. If you have your heart set on something but a sales person sways you in another direction, go back to you first choice. Its your home and your style that should be portrayed.
5. Seek professional advice. If you get stuck or need help along the way. don't be afraid to call in a design pro! It'll save you money and time in the long run.
6. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. You don't want your contractors to feel pressured to meet unrealistic deadlines. Be patient and trust that it will get done with optimal results.
7. Relax and Enjoy! Be sure to celebrate once your project is complete. It's so easy to just move onto the next thing, but its more important to savour your accomplishment. Plan a party or grab a bottle of wine and enjoy!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Sara Lynn Interiors
HOME AND GARDEN BLOG